Despite being Nitron's entry level shock absorber, with its full 40mm diameter piston, this unit will outperform much more expensive units from the "bigger" manufacturers and will always offer a significant improvement in comfort and response over the OE shock fitted to your bike - even if it has a remote or piggy-back reservoir. It features a single adjuster knob which tunes both rebound and compression damping simultaneously
Made in England, all Nitron shocks are totally rebuildable and backed with Nitron's US based technical support and service operations.
Best products of the year feature
"Nitron Sport shock... Affordable, high quality suspension unit for road riders."
Rupert Paul, Journalist, BIKE magazine
Please include your weight (with any specific requirements you may have regarding whether you want a lower or higher default seat height - i.e. if you are taller or shorter than average) and state how your bike is used (i.e. road solo only, road with pillion, road and track or track only etc.) as we will be building your shock to your specific order with the optimum length, spring rate and damper adjustments pre-set for you. If you need further information or assistance, please call us to discuss your needs.
- Nitron will build your shock to order with the specification based on your individual needs and with all adjustments pre-set (see above)
- Large 40mm piston for more precise and consistent damping control (23.5% more damping oil flow than Öhlins TTX 36mm piston)
- Very straightforward single adjuster for rapid combined damping adjustment
- Manufactured from a hard-anodised corrosion-resistant CNC machined aluminium alloy body, combined with the same high quality internal components as in Nitron's range-topping shocks
- Pressurised Gas-Monotube design
- Manual preload adjustment with C-Spanner included, or...
- Optional remote Hydraulic Preload Adjuster (HPA) for instant changes to rear ride-height (eliminates use of C-Spanner) to vary steering response between road and track (also ideal for shorter riders or for those bikes where the laden weight varies significantly; e.g. from solo to with pillion & luggage)
- Adjustable length as standard (for most bikes) to fine tune ride-height and steering (also ideal for shorter riders who may want to reduce seat height - please specify when ordering - see above)
- For shorter riders the typical lower seat height achievable is up to 30mm/1.25"
- Very light weight (e.g. Triumph 675, more than 0.5 Kg lighter, even with Hydraulic Preload Preload Adjuster included for Race version)
- 3rd piston Shim-Stack for very low speed rebound damping control
- Teflon lined low-friction rose jointed eyes where applicable (bike-dependent end fittings may differ from those shown here)
- Ultra low-friction piston rod seal design
- Completely rebuildable/re-valvable with rapid US based maintenance and support service
- By far the highest quality and best value entry level shock you can buy